C itemupdating

I’m not sure if it was my particular mix of SP1, Site Content types, 64bit server, and the use of a Business Data column on the document library that was making it not work, but I simply had to use the display name, or else none of the data I set would stick (my column names had a mix of spaces and no spaces, and interestingly the column names with no spaces worked either way).

This whole architecture of hashtables of properties and trying to match up values seems to me to be pretty fragile, and I’m not sure why Microsoft went this way.

I ran into the following issues with Item Adding/Item Added event handlers: When I did this, however, my experience was exactly the opposite.

If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Msdn Web site.

In this Item Updated event, we are simply assigning the current List Item to a new SPList Item object, changing its "Title" property, and updating it. However, this simple piece of code will cause an endless loop, as each time you call list Item. As you can see, we need a way to prevent this loop from occuring.

Instead, I created a hidden column Study Type and I have an Item Adding event receiver set this field when an item is created. Now it occurred to me that the client may want to edit the folder and my event receiver must still set the proper fields to new values. I would just add an Item Updating event to my receiver have it execute the same code and all done.

Check the intername of the column you are trying to get the data from.

To cancel the update operation, set the collections before the values are passed to the data source.

Last modified 18-Jan-2016 23:44